Thursday, August 12, 2021

Two forces of magnitude 10N & 8N are acting at a point. If the angle b/w the two forces is 60°, how do I determine the magnitude of the resultant force?

 Two forces of magnitude 10N & 8N are acting at a point. If the angle b/w the two forces is 60°, how do I determine the magnitude of the resultant force?

Solution

Since typing all those formulas were getting cumbersome I just solved it on a piece of paper and uploaded it.

For reference,

I have taken vector A=10N, vector B=8N, the angle between vectors A & B as

θ (theta) = 60 degrees.

The resultant vector is C and at an angle ø (phi) with vector A.

Notice another thing. I have taken ø between vector A and C. If I need to know the angle between vector B and C, say angle α (alpha)

or just α = 60 degrees - θ

No comments:

Post a Comment